Operations Management is the management of systems and processes that create goods and/or provide services. It interacts with finance and marketing management within a business.
Operations Management deals with the design and management of products, processes, services and supply chains. It considers the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources that firms need to deliver goods and services.
Our Operations Management program includes direct support in:
- forecasting methods that will provide the greatest insight into future predictions for better decision making,
- capacity planning to enable the best match of resources to future requirement,
- design of work systems to reduce lead time, increase throughput and minimize defects,
- application of production support systems to manage inventory and schedule work,
- implementation of Supply Chain Management best practices to outsourcing, procurement and the management of suppliers,
- improvement of distribution, delivery and customer service.
Operations Management ranges from strategic (size and location of facilities, structure of services) to the tactical (facility layout, equipment selection). Operational issues include production scheduling and control, inventory management, quality control and inspection, traffic and materials handling, and equipment maintenance policies.
Let Us Help You Improve Your Results