Global Management Consultant - Oil and Gas
Faster business growth, increased profitability and advanced operational performance in the oil and gas industry from proven proprietary programs and expert facilitation. Portfolio of programs are tailored to meet clients specific needs through interaction with client’s management and, where appropriate, employees, customers and suppliers.
Clients worldwide set the benchmark in operational performance in drilling, completion, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, service delivery and product delivery with both existing / emerging technologies. Testimonials from oil and gas companies, service companies, drilling contractors, construction companies, manufacturers and investors confirm the value delivered.
Select a Business Solution
- Company growth through Strategic Planning, Business Planning and Technology Roadmapping
- Best practices from Lean Manufacturing techniques in all types of operations - manufacturing, drilling, and operations
- Highest performance in Operations and Projects through development of company owned Value Delivery Systems
- Improving company performance through Gap Analysis and Business Improvement Consulting
Future of the Industry
Speaking on Automation and Robotics Roadmap Opportunities in Oil and Gas Drilling
The Association of Unmanned Vehicles International is holding their annual conference – AUVSI Xpotential – in New Orleans May 2 through 5. AUVSI invited John to present "Automation and Robotics Roadmap Opportunities in Oil and Gas Drilling" at their Innovation Hub on May 4 to meet the appetite of their audience for information on oil and gas drilling developments. Xpotential is a conference at which defense leaders and commercial experts reveal insights about the future of unmanned systems.
Speaking on Sensors, Data, Humans, Automation – What Next For Drilling?
NorTex Data Science Cluster is holding an Innovation Seminar in Houston on May 3. This seminar is looking at opportunities for digitalization and integrated operations in drilling & well technology that can lead to scientific development by the affiliated academic and research organizations in both Norway and Texas. NorTex invited John to speak on "Sensors, Data, Humans, Automation – What Next For Drilling? " as a lead in to a workshop session.
Presenting 3 new papers at SPE / IADC Drilling Conference, March 1 – 3, Ft. Worth.
As lead / corresponding author, John de Wardt led teams of industry experts to write three papers bringing significant new insights to drilling. Co-authors include Thomas Sheridan Professor Emeritus MIT, Peter Rushmore (Retired) drilling benchmarking expert, Phil Scott an originator on Technical Limit Drilling and industry experts participating in SPE DSATS and the Industry DSA Roadmap initiative.
New insights for the drilling industry include:
- Drilling efficiency calculation using physical factors and perfect performance - results of which will shock most when they apply it, explaining the fallacy of focusing on NPT.
- How to develop systems architecture for effective drilling systems automation application, introducing the various states definition required to enable complex automated operations.
- Best Human Systems Integration practices for drilling operations, defining the Levels of Automation Taxonomy (LOAT) that can be applied to the implementation of drilling systems automation.
Link to this conference