John de Wardt is an active volunteer in oil and gas industry organizations. He is an active member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC). He has facilitated numerous industry panel sessions at major conferences and industry workshops on leading business topics.
Influences by John de Wardt in the industry
- Featured in Alexander Haig’s World Business Review television program.
- Moderator for the 1994 IADC/SPE Drilling Conference panel session titled “Impact of Drilling Operations on Well Life Cycle Cost Reduction” held in Dallas, USA
- Moderator for the 1995 SPE/IADC Drilling Conference panel session titled “Vision 2020 – Preparing for the Next Twenty Five Years” held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Moderator for the 1996 SPE / IADC Asia Pacific Drilling Conference panel session titled “Alliance and Partnering: Defining the Terms/Methods/Results” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Moderator for the 1999 SPE / IADC Middle East Drilling Conference panel session titled “Integration – the Key to Reducing Drilling and Production Costs”.
- Led a Middle East workshop titled “Introducing Practical Techniques for Implementing A Successful Partnership” for The Institute For International Research.
- Led Houston conference on “Alliancing in Oil and Gas” for the International Quality and Productivity Corporation.
- Led Singapore conference on “Best Practices in Project Management” for Universal Network Intelligence.
- He was a 1995/96 Society of Petroleum Engineers Distinguished Lecturer.
Other workshops / forums in which John de Wardt has chaired sessions and been a committee member include:
- SPE Drillstring Dynamics Forum, Austria
- SPE Wellbore Surveying Applied Technology Workshop, France
- SPE Emerging Technology Workshop, USA
- SPE Drilling Automation Applied Technology Workshop, USA
- SPE Automated Well Construction Factory Forum, France
John de Wardt is currently a committee member of the SPE / IADC Annual Drilling Conference and the SPE Drilling Systems Automation Technical Section (DSATS). He is leading a sub-group of DSATS on Risk and Reliability of Automated Drilling Systems.
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- NOMADS – National Oil-Equipment Manufacturers and Delegates Society
Let Us Help You Improve Your Results