Performance Project and Lean Management Training
Some industry personnel have received excellent training while others have
not been given the opportunity. Much of the training available is based on
traditional project management methods that now need to be updated with the
new performance management techniques available from Lean Management.
We offer a practical oriented course that teaches both project management
and performance management techniques, which together have led to
demonstrated improvements in project performance.
These courses are available as public courses at our home
office in Steamboat Springs, Colorado or in major cities
(see current listing). They are also so available as in-house courses for
any company, where we tailor our modules to match your requirements.
We offer training to the personnel of all client organizations �
the customers who own and lead the projects and the suppliers who
deliver products and services to them. Our training
is focused on management and leadership in projects, including the new
management techniques, and stresses those aspects that drive performance
improvement. The areas we focus on are:
- understanding leadership, roles, responsibilities,
- planning and organizing a project,
- application of project system tools and lean management techniques,
- Lean Manufacturing methods and learning
We offer open courses to individuals or client tailored courses to
Our courses include:
- Leadership roles / behavior / communication (language) / goals /
decisions / resources.
- Organization - Work Breakdown Structure / Lean architecture / roles /
responsibilities / accountabilities / RACI / behavior / values.
- Project Planning - phases and gates / risks / costs / estimating /
logistics / procurement.
- Project Systems (EnvisagePro) logs (risks / uncertainties / decisions /
Master Equipment List) / schedules / control / management of change /
resource plan / succession plan.
- Lean Manufacturing methods stretch goals / theoretical maximum
performance (Technical Limit) / benchmarking / plan enhancement / plan
ownership / performance monitoring / learning / after action reviews.
- Execution implementation site management / change orders / re-planning /
reporting / system application.
- Project simulation to apply the learned techniques.